Pseudo-reviews on a lot of random movies.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Shopgirl (2005)



Why did I rent it?:
After "Nobody Knows" I needed to watch something less...emotionally wrenching
What's the plot?: Claire Danes is bored with her life working retail and meets a weirdo in a laundromat and agrees to go out with him (?!). Then she meets Steve Martin and he buys her a lot of things, and they have a lot of sex (eww). Weirdo goes out of the picture for a while and Steve Martin and Claire Danes (they probably all had character names, but I don't remember them) hook up a lot, and he turns out to be kind of a jerk. Like we didn't see that coming. Ends happily ever after- unlike the last movie...
Best scene: The laundromat scene, because who picks up guys at a laundromat? That's creepy.
Who should watch this?: Anyone who has sex fantasies about Steve Martin.
IMDB rating: 6.8
Liz's rating: 6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home